TemplaCMS Work Bills takes care of a potentially weak area of control in your business where revenue can easily be missed. It reduces the need for maintaining paper records and spreadsheets and provides an authorisation and monitoring capability that is absent from the purchase ledgers of most off-the-shelf accounts software.
Whether carried out by subcontractors or internal staff, TemplaCMS Work Bills is pivotal in planning and scheduling contracted or ad hoc periodic and variation work. No hours can be scheduled, or a subcontractor engaged without a work bill being raised, which in turn can optionally generate a client invoice requirement. TemplaCMS Work Bills reports on the status of all open work bills to support monitoring and accounts accruals.
If you manage significant volumes of periodic or ad hoc work with your own fleet and specialist teams, then Special Works Teams Management will help you plan this activity more efficiently. You will be able to generate work bills for all tasks at the start of each period and use a calendar-based resource scheduling tool to optimise the allocation of teams and operatives across the period. At one keystroke, the software will fire off a list of confirmed jobs to your operatives’ mobile devices, showing them where they will be working. The worked hours are compared to budgets and then fully integrated to our employee pay module, with clients then billed automatically, ensuring completeness of income.
Typical challenges faced by contractors
- One-off jobs are scheduled and carried out without invoices being raised, meaning you don’t get paid.
- Each time a works order is raised you need to keep a manual record of when the work is due and when it is to be invoiced, creating reams of paper or lists on spreadsheets. You have no easy way of knowing which jobs have been completed or invoiced, so it’s hard to know what to accrue in the accounts.
- You carry out significant volumes of work through internal teams, but your process for planning the work and allocating resources is completely manual and relies on continual reference to contract documents and forward labour planning.
- Despite knowing about scheduled one-offs months in advance, for example window cleaning, you can’t generate the work bills from your system until the month they’re due.
- You deliver sizeable ongoing turnover through special works, but are unable to account for work accurately or accrue costs specific to each activity.
how your business benefits
- Ad-hoc work bills can be generated by field or head office staff and, using TemplaCMS Workflow, sent for approval prior to implementation. This reduces your admin burden without the risk of unauthorised work being ordered. Work bills can automatically generate a requirement to raise an invoice which greatly reduces the risk of not charging clients for work.
- Recurring work bills can be set up in the system for the whole year, so work is not missed and can be organised in good time. Using TemplaCMS Workflow, field management are alerted when the work is due in order to mobilise resource and confirm the order, thereby reducing the danger of work not being carried out.
- The software maintains a list of all outstanding work bills to be invoiced, which makes the monitoring of work bill status easy and at any level of the company, for example client, area or region.
- Advanced Workbills will improve your accounting treatment of this area. This module makes provision for accrued revenues and costs against each activity, as well as accurately allocating materials usage on jobs where they are used. This results in precise budget versus actual spend comparison and a discrete profit and loss report for each job.
how your business benefits